FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Before you place your order
Do you offer a discount if I order more than one test?
We often have such offers. It is common to test several family members at the same time.
Can I trust the test results?
We work with several accredited and certified laboratories with long experience and which are trusted and used by doctors/practitioners all over Europe. Our partner labs are certified in accordance with EN ISO 15189 and ISO 13485.
How to perform the test?
How does the test work?
The test is taken either via blood test, stool, urine, saliva or exhalation. After you have placed your order, we will send you a test kit with all the materials you need to carry out the test yourself at home with both the right materials and instructions. The sample is then returned in an enclosed envelope to our test lab for analysis. You can read more about instructions for each test method here.
How much blood, stool, urine or saliva is needed for a sample?
Each test kit comes with clear instructions on how much blood, stool, urine or saliva you need to leave to provide our lab with enough material for analysis. Read the instructions carefully before you start your sampling so that you know how to proceed.
If you have any questions about the test method or procedure for our tests, do not hesitate to contact us and we will help you!
Instructions for all our tests can be found here.
At what time of day should I take the test?
For the majority of the tests, you can take your test at any time of the day, except for the tests below where other instructions apply:
- The Amino acid test and the nutrition test should be taken on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Our Cortisol test, which is collected several times a day, starts taking in the morning as soon as you get up. You will find more information about the cortisol test here.
- The urine tests are taken in the morning, either from your first or second morning urine, depending on which test you are going to do.
- For our complete hormone tests, which among other things measures cortisol, these tests should be taken in the morning.
- SIBO is most easily taken in the morning due to that one should be fasting the hours before, and also includes more sampling during one day.
- Testosterone is tested at different times during a day and should be planned starting in the morning so that it does not get tight with time later in the evening.
- The melatonin test is taken in the evening.
What happens if I fail to take the sample?
If you read the instructions carefully before you take the test and it should go well. Should something go wrong, you are welcome to contact us and we will help you.
Do medicines affect the test?
Yes, some medicines may affect our tests. Before your test, we therefore recommend you to double-check if you can continue with any medicines and supplements with your doctor / therapist so that they won’t affect your test results.
- Recommendations for SIBO can be found on the product.
- For gut health test, probiotics should not be taken 48 hours before.
- Avoid antihistamines 24 hours before allergy testing.
- Avoid intake / use of hormone preparations 7 days before our hormone tests, unless you want your intake to be included in your test analysis.
HOW TO PERFORM THE TEST?
Why should I send my test on a Monday?
This is a general recommendation so that your test should not be left over the weekend in the mail. It is possible to send other days but we recommend on a Monday. However, the Gluten intolerance test and the Melatonin test must be sent on a Monday due to shorter shelf life.
What to consider before taking the test?
We recommend you to plan so that you take the test on a Monday – this is extra important if you do Gluten Intolerance tests and Melatonin tests as these have a shorter shelf life and need to reach our lab on weekdays. If you take our Allergy, Food Intolerance Test or Histamine Test, it is recommended that you have been exposed to the items included in the tests within the last three months. If it has been a longer time than this, there is a risk that it will not affect and be shown in your test results.
Our SIBO test also requires you to make adjustments in your diet and intake of any supplements, or the like, both a couple of weeks before and the last hours before your test. Read the instructions carefully so that you know which diet you are allowed to eat in order for your test result to be as reliable as possible.
When and how do I get my result?
Your test result will arrive within 15 working days of you submitting your test. You will receive an email when the result is ready and then simply log in to https://my.gettested.io/login where you can download your result.
INTERESTED IN A COLLABORATION?
Do you collaborate with hospitals and other clinics?
Yes, we have partners in several places in Europe. Are you interested in selling our tests at your clinic? Contact Us!
Are you interested in a collaboration with us? 🙂
We are happy to work with serious companies and profiles that can drive health-related issues forward in our society. Contact us unconditionally at email@example.com.