Tyrophagus Putrescentiae

Tyrophagus putrescentiae, also known as the mold mite, is found in various stored foods and household dust. These mites thrive in high humidity and can cause allergic reactions when their waste or body parts become airborne and inhaled by individuals with sensitivities, leading to various allergic symptoms....

Tyrophagus Putrescentiae

When should I consider testing for Tyrophagus putrescentiae allergy?

Consider allergy testing for Tyrophagus putrescentiae if you have allergic symptoms after cleaning, handling stored foods, or in humid environments where these mites are likely to thrive.

What are common symptoms of Tyrophagus putrescentiae allergy?

  • Itchy and watery eyes
  • Runny or stuffy nose
  • Sneezing
  • Skin rash
  • Asthma symptoms, particularly in individuals with respiratory sensitivities

What triggers a Tyrophagus putrescentiae allergy reaction?

Allergic reactions to Tyrophagus putrescentiae are caused by an immune response to proteins in the mites’ fecal matter and decomposed bodies, which can be inhaled.

How to manage a Tyrophagus putrescentiae allergy?

To manage an allergy to these mites, reduce humidity in your home, store food in airtight containers, and clean your living space regularly to minimize mite populations.

Test(s) that measure/test for Tyrophagus Putrescentiae

Trusted by over 10.000+ customers

gettested trustpilot
call to action
call to action line graphic

Still not sure what you need?

Let our experienced team of nutritionists, medical experts, health coaches guide you.