Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus (D. pteronyssinus)

Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus, commonly known as the European house dust mite, is a prevalent source of indoor allergies. These microscopic creatures thrive in warm, humid environments and feed on organic matter like flakes of shed human skin. Their waste products and body fragments can trigger allergic reactions and asthma in sensitive individuals....

Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus (D. pteronyssinus)

When should I consider testing for D. pteronyssinus allergy?

If you experience year-round allergy symptoms, particularly after dusting your home or in bed, testing for a D. pteronyssinus allergy can be beneficial.

What are common symptoms of D. pteronyssinus allergy?

  • Sneezing
  • Runny or stuffy nose
  • Red, itchy, or watery eyes
  • Wheezing, coughing, or shortness of breath
  • Itchy skin rash or eczema

What triggers a D. pteronyssinus allergy?

Allergic reactions to D. pteronyssinus are triggered by proteins in the mite’s waste and decaying body parts, which can be inhaled or come into contact with the skin.

How can I manage a D. pteronyssinus allergy?

To manage this allergy, lower indoor humidity, wash bedding in hot water weekly, use allergen-proof bed covers, and vacuum regularly with a HEPA filter.

Test(s) that measure/test for Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus (D. pteronyssinus)

Trusted by over 10.000+ customers

gettested trustpilot
call to action
call to action line graphic

Still not sure what you need?

Let our experienced team of nutritionists, medical experts, health coaches guide you.