Mercury, a heavy metal, occurs naturally and appears in various products like thermometers and dental fillings. Small amounts usually pose no harm, but overexposure can lead to toxic effects on the nervous, digestive, and immune systems. Symptoms such as tremors, insomnia, and cognitive issues can arise from mercury poisoning. It also raises environmental concerns, especially regarding water pollution....


Who would benefit from testing their mercury levels?

Individuals who would benefit from testing their mercury levels include those with high seafood consumption, dental professionals, and residents of areas with high industrial pollution. People who use traditional medicines containing mercury or work in industries like mining and manufacturing should also consider testing.

What are symptoms of high mercury levels?

  • Tremors
  • Memory problems
  • Mood swings
  • Numbness in the hands and feet
  • Headaches
  • Changes in vision or hearing
  • Insomnia
  • Muscle weakness
  • Speech or hearing impairments
  • Disturbed sensation

What are common sources of mercury exposure?

Common sources of mercury exposure are consumption of certain fish and shellfish, dental amalgam fillings, industrial emissions, and some skin lightening creams and traditional medicines. Broken thermometers and fluorescent light bulbs also pose risks.

How do you detox mercury?

Detoxing from mercury involves eliminating or reducing exposure sources. A balanced diet, rich in selenium and certain vitamins, can aid in detoxification. Medical treatments like chelation therapy are sometimes used, but only under professional supervision. It’s crucial to consult a healthcare provider for safe detox methods.

Test(s) that measure/test for Mercury

Trusted by over 10.000+ customers

gettested trustpilot
call to action
call to action line graphic

Still not sure what you need?

Let our experienced team of nutritionists, medical experts, health coaches guide you.